Thursday, October 1, 2009

Work from pre-college summer studio 2009 at SMFA








This sculpture is entitled "PRAMS" or "Plants' Resistance Against Man-made Structures." The title really speaks for itself. This idea of representing nature's struggle started in my sophmore year through a foam-carving project.


The is "Abstract on ink." A personal problem I've had is consistency. I also do a lot of abstract work. This piece connects my style of artwork and has proved me that I can be a constant person.






These are some printings of a series I did of a flower I designed. This flower symbolizes compassion, understanding and balance.


This is a painting of my version of Virgin Mary. I wanted to capture the innocense, tenderness and sympathy of the teenage girl God picked to have his son. I was really trying to capture what the mother of Jesus was like right before she was chosen by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment